Because I Care Video Contest
- Grand Prize
A $1,000 pre-paid gift card will be awarded to the overall People’s Choice grand prize video.
- 2nd Prize
Finalists in three categories will each be awarded a $500 pre-paid gift card and be eligible for the $1,000 grand prize.
- Prize Eligibility
- Only persons residing in Ohio who are at least 18 years of age can enter.
- Contest Starts
- July 01, 2010 @ 12:01 am (EDT)
- Contest Ends
- September 24, 2010 @ 11:59 pm (EDT)
- Need more Details?
Instructions for Contestants
Want to see more positive videos about animal agriculture?
HELP US DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation’s Center for Food and Animal Issues invites Ohio farmers, county Farm Bureaus and youth organizations (4-H, FFA, Farm Bureau) to share the positive messages and images of animal agriculture through the “Because I Care” video contest.
- a $500 pre-paid gift credit card for finalists in three contest categories
- a $1,000 pre-paid gift credit card for the overall People’s Choice Grand Prize Winner
HOW IT WORKS
July 1, 2010 – Sept. 24, 2010
Contestants submit a 90-second to 120-second video of themselves and/or their organization showcasing how they best care for their animals in a positive and informative manner.
Contestants will submit each video in one of three categories:
- County Farm Bureau
- Youth Organization (4-H, FFA, or Farm Bureau)
- Contestants in the individual contest and county Farm Bureau categories must be 18 and older. Entries in the Youth Organization category must be submitted by a responsible adult or adviser age 18 or older. All contestants must have permission of all persons appearing in submitted entries.
- Contestants may submit multiple videos, but only one video per contestant may be named a finalist. Videos are limited to one per e-mail address.
Contestants must also post their videos to YouTube.com
Contestants must sign up for an account at YouTube.com prior to entering the contest. All contestants are required to upload their video to YouTube during contest registration. Videos not uploaded to YouTube will be disqualified.
*Videos containing music will be disqualified from the contest. See complete rules and eligibility requirements to ensure your video meets approval standards.
Oct. 11, 2010 – Oct. 28, 2010
Online voters at the contest site will determine one (1) People’s Choice Grand Prize Winner from a pool of finalists from each category selected by a panel of Ohio Farm Bureau and Center for Food and Animal Issues judges based upon quality of submission, positive and informative message and eligibility according to contest rules.
Oct. 29, 2010 – Oct. 31, 2010
Winner is announced.
DON’T HAVE A CAMERA?
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered.
Each of Ohio Farm Bureau’s organization directors have been provided with a flip video camera for use in their region of the state. Contact your county Farm Bureau for details on how you can secure the use of one of these cameras for your video.
HELP YOUR ENTRY WIN!
Each day during the submission period, contest site visitors may vote for entries, comment on them and help show judges why your video deserves to be a finalist.
The best way to help your video is to share it! Post it on your social networking sites and e-mail it to your friends. Each entry contains a share button that, when clicked, makes it simple to spread the word about your entry. Remember that site visitors may vote once per day for your entry.
Judges will take into consideration the amount of views, votes, comments and shares of each entry, but it will not be the sole determinant in selecting finalists.