APPHACK @ AU Hackathon
- Grand Prize
- 2nd Prize
- 3rd Prize
- 4th Prize
Ten finalists will receive a recently-released tablet computer valued at approximately US$500.
- Contest Instructions
1. Write a cool app/plugin for AutoCAD. Or dig one out that you’ve already written. Be sure to see the guidelines for app entries below, and keep the theme of Connecting AutoCAD to the Cloud in mind!
2. Make a 5-min (or less) video that demonstrates the capabilities of the app/plugin and upload it on this site. Be creative!
3. Upload your compiled app files as a .zip to the Buzzsaw repository (you will be given credentials after you submit your video on this site).
4. Print, sign, and return the Competition Participation Agreement that will be emailed to you after you sign up. REVIEW THE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY!
5. If you’re selected as a finalist, perform a live demo of your app at Autodesk University in Las Vegas!
- Contest Starts
- October 29, 2012 @ 12:01 am (PDT)
- Contest Ends
- November 15, 2012 @ 12:00 pm (PST)
- Need more Details?
- About the Company
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth o... [more]As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Instructions for Contestants
Have an idea for how to augment AutoCAD software? Do you know the ObjectARX and .NET APIs like the back of your hand? Have you already written a cool app that others might want to use?
APPHACK @ AU is a virtual code-fest to produce apps/plugins for AutoCAD 2013 software using the ObjectARX and/or .NET APIs. The theme of the event is “Connecting AutoCAD to the Cloud” – and this is open to creative interpretation. Perhaps you can think of a way to wire AutoCAD 2013 software into your favorite social media network, or make use of infinite cloud computing to carry out CPU-intensive tasks. Or maybe you have a way to help users better visualize and share their ideas using a Web browser. It’s up to you. Subject to the Rules, submit something you’ve already written or write something new. Check out Autodesk Exchange Apps website (http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com) for examples.
KEEP IN MIND
- You must be a member of the Autodesk Developer Network to participate.
- In order to be selected as a finalist, you must be able to present a live, in-person demo in Las Vegas on November 26th. You need not register for Autodesk University (AU) to be present for The Demo event.
- Entries must NOT have been commercially available in the last 5 years.
- Apps must be compatible with AutoCAD 2013.
- Work by yourself, or with a team – only one prize per team, though.
- Each ADN member may submit only one app.
SUMMARY OF ENTRY REQUIREMENTS – CONTENT & FORMAT
The required elements of content for each entry are as described below. Please see the Official Rules for additional entry requirements.
1. Written Description of the Application. A brief statement (100 words, maximum) describing the application (in PDF file format).
2. Demonstration Video. Judging will involve review of a video no more than five (5) minutes long that demonstrates the judging criteria related to your application. This video must be submitted with the rest of your team’s entry.
3. Built/Compiled Application. Built application must be compatible with AutoCAD 2013 software. Built application must be uploaded to repository located http://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/APPHACK
a. Include your team name in the file name of each file submitted by your team (ZIP files), such as “team_xxxx.zip”.
b. Any entry that uses non-Roman characters (such as Hebrew or Cyrillic) MUST use WinRAR, as WinZip will damage the filenames.
c. Entries must NOT have been commercially available in the last 5 years (since October 1, 2007).
Animations that use copyrighted music or other content without written permission from the legal copyright owner will be disqualified. All entries that indicate that they are using copyrighted music or other content may be required to provide proof of permission in written format from the rightful owner(s) prior to judging. Any disputes about whether or not copyrighted music or other content was improperly used will be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Should Sponsor identify any improper use at any time, Sponsor may disqualify the applicable entry, even if such entry has been selected as a winner.