1. VOTING PERIOD: "SPONSOR Protecting Our Water Award” (“Event”) begins on xx 1, 2012 and ends on xx 30, 2012.
2. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to vote in the Event: 1) visit our SPONSOR Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/SPONSOR, or 2) visit www.SPONSOR.com/protect during the Voting Period to vote for your cause of choice: American Rivers, Clean Water Fund, EarthJustice, Ocean Conservancy, or The Surfrider Foundation (“Charities”).
3. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person per day for the length of the Voting Period. By voting, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of SPONSOR (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects.
4. The SPONSOR and the Charities do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Voting Period caused by circumstances or other unforeseen events outside of the control of the SPONSOR or the Charities. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Voting Period materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
5. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Event, you agree to release and hold harmless the SPONSOR and the Charities, and their respective officers, directors and employees of each, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Event including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Event; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; © printing errors; or (d) errors in the administration of the Event. You further agree that in any cause of action, the SPONSOR’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Event and in no event shall the SPONSOR be liable for attorney’s fees or costs. Additionally, you agree that the Charities shall have no liability whatsoever, nor be responsible for any costs or fees in any cause of action. You agree to waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. SPONSOR and Charities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Event materials. SPONSOR and Charities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing or the administration of the Event. In the event the SPONSOR or Charities are prevented from continuing with the Event, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Event is undermined by any occurrence including but not limited to any fraud, virus, technical problem, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the SPONSOR’s or the Event’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event) or any other technical problem that corrupts the administration, security, as determined by SPONSOR in its sole discretion, the SPONSOR and the Charities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Event without notice or further obligation.
6. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Event shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of XYZ. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the SPONSOR in connection with the Event, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of XYZ, without regards to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of XYZ or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of XYZ.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER: SPONSOR will announce the Charity with the highest percentage of votes on xx 1, 2012.